Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DUBBY lost sound output pls help
D3aD
Post DUBBY lost sound output pls help
on: January 19, 2017, 21:00

SOOO..
I downloaded dubby and after a nice setup (to basic C: drive... i have not changed anything)
it was working i was playing around with it and could hear everything.

But i was interested in what changing ad_mme and ad_directsound does. so i changed to one of them and back ( dont remember what was it set to first btw.).

And after this change, the sound was gone and no matter what i do i can't get it back, i tried all four options (live,ad_mme,ad_directsound and none too).

I have tried deleting it and installing again it did not fix it.

Im on windows 7 and i have no problems with the sound on the computer.

Can you guys pls help? I really liked dubby :((!

Thank you in advance.

digitaldjt-
ools
Administrator
Post Re: DUBBY lost sound output pls help
on: January 20, 2017, 09:12

Hey D3aD,

Pleased to hear you've enjoyed playing with Dubby, although I'm sorry to hear your fun was cut short.

It *should* work OK if you switch audio devices from the menu and back again. Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC at the moment to test (just Mac), but a couple of suggestions spring to mind from what you've said:

1. Again, I can't check right now (and it's been a while since I've used it on Windows), but I think Dubby will switch off each time you select a different audio device/port. Remember to click the 'on' switch in the top-left corner when you've changed the device.

2. If it's still not working... You mentioned that you deleted Dubby then reinstalled. Rather than delete the program, use Windows' Add / Remove Programs instead to uninstall. Then reinstall again. This will ensure all settings are set back to default.

Please let me know how you get on...

D3aD
on: January 20, 2017, 12:17

Hey,

Thank you for the fast response.
Sadly i could not get dubby working on my pc (on win 7).
I have tried uninstalling it several times like you have said and re install it. I think even with this uninstall it does not delete every setting that was set before (but im not sure maybe it does).

I clicked everything that was clickable on dubby and tried to get it working but with no result.
I dug up every audio setting on my pc and tried to fix it that way and nothing seems to solve this odd problem.

If i look at the sound mixer in the right corner in windows i can see every app that is running and outputting sound and there i can see dubby running but when i click dubby to make some sound there is no blue bar coming up on the mixer it does not even move.

So this is the hustle im in right now.

But on the upside, im happy that dubby runs fine on my main dj gear, on an old trusty laptop which has win XP.
So its not going to be the end of the world if it does not work on the pc.

Thanks for everything if you can help i will thank you more.. :DD
But i will have a lot of fun with dubby and i will not touch that god forsaken audio device option on the laptop :D.
Its a great little program.
Thanks.

digitaldjt-
ools
Administrator
on: January 20, 2017, 12:35

Hmm.. yeah that is strange.

I'll see if I can replicate and fix the problem when I'm next at a Windows 7 machine. I think I have it on an old laptop somewhere...

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.036 seconds.